Blue’s Blog

Tales from The Trip

New Website Offers True HOMEpage

I’m all over the World Wide Web. In fact, my online social networking portfolio rivals that of most humans. Yet, one thing I have always lacked was a true online home, a la website. Well, now that has changed as today I’m proud to announce the launch of my brand new website, Butler.edu/Blue2.

Note: My site is best viewed in Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari. The site gets a little lost in translation on Internet Explorer. Why are you using Internet Explorer anyway?!

Form and Functionality

Upon a visit to the site, you’ll find that the homepage acts as a hub to the aforementioned social media activity that I’m currently engaging in, including this blog. Now you only have to remember one place to find me and let my website guide you the rest of the way, whether it be my live office web cam, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, this blog, or wherever I am.

A quick browse of the site content reveals a ton of information, not just about me, but the live mascot and costumed mascot history at Butler. In addition, there is some content that my fans and followers may find useful, such as…

• Appearance schedule
  • Autograph request form
  • Appearance request form
  • School appearance request form
  • Licensing information

Fun for Fans

Now all of that stuff is well and good. Not to mention, it makes for a useful, informative and attractive website. However, I had a couple of other goals in mind; I wanted to offer a site that was fun and provided content that couldn’t be found anywhere else…for free! With that said, I present to you, “Blue II’s Doggie Bag.”

My Doggie Bag is a cyberspace dedicated to my fans. It’s a place where you can find a varying range of cool, unique, fun, free, do-it-yourself, Blue II offerings, such as:
Sure, I’m a licensed entity of Butler University; available for commercialization through product. That’s good thing for me and my fans, but I’m also “America’s Dog,” and you don’t earn that title by hiding yourself from the people. So I wanted to give back to those who have made me the mascot that I am today and that’s how I came up with my Doggie Bag. I hope you enjoy it!

Well, for that matter, I hope you enjoy the entire site and come back often. Don’t hesitate to offer feedback and requests. I’m always open to new ideas and want to improve the site at any chance that I get.

Butler.edu/Blue2 – tell your friends

There are 3 comments .

Michael —

Of course, Aunt Bea! Just make the check out to Butler University and in the memo of the check, put “Mascot/Puppy Fund.”

You can send that to my attention at…

Butler University
4600 Sunset Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46208

Thank you!

Blue II

AuntBea53 —

Blue II,

Since I only worship you from afar and can’t attend your b’day party, when could I send a $$$ donation?

Kristi Arpasi

Blue, this is so nice! Good to have Blue all in one place! Can’t wait to download the new ringtone (hope it drives my other half crazy!) See you at the game!!!!

Share Your Thoughts!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Good Boy, Blue!

After much anticipation, the Butler Blue children's book, "Good Boy, Blue!" is finally off to print. Butler fans and kids of all ages are sure to love this heartwarming story and iconic illustrations.

Pre-order your copy today!

Get Your Pup a Blue III PetBox

Treat your best friend with a Blue III PetBox! After all, doesn't your dog deserve the very best? Blue III has teamed with PetBox to load up a box each month with the latest and greatest in treats, toys, and pet products. Proceeds benefit Butler's live mascot program too!

Order a Blue III PetBox today!

The Big Dawgs Tour

The Butler University Big Dawgs Tour rides again! From January through March, our beloved Bulldog, Butler Blue III will be venturing away from campus to spread some Butler cheer and follow the men's basketball team as they take on new BIG EAST opponents.

Be sure to follow along and enter yourself into the Big Dawgs Tour Contest!

Copyright ©2012. All Rights Reserved.