Blue’s Blog

Tales from The Trip

Giving the People What they Want

More Blue II. That seems to be what the people want and well, I’m happy to give it to them. I am just one dog, but that hasn’t slowed me down and in fact, with the launch of my new website this week, I’m only picking up steam.

The Page I Call Home

My new site went live on Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2012 at 8:30 AM. That first day the site took on 1, 300 visits! Coincidentally enough, I also surpassed 8,000 followers on Twitter that day while my Facebook stands at 6,100 “likes” and counting. Yep, the people have spoken and I’m humbled by it all. I’m also pretty stoked by it all and I want to do a little something to show my appreciation.

Combing through the Google Analytics for my new website, it is clear that site visitors are all about my Doggie Bag and the goodies inside, specifically the mobile phone ringtones. Originally I posted ringtones of me barking and a recording of the “Butler War Song” by the Butler University Band, which again, seemed to be very popular. Now I’m combining my bark and the “Butler War Song” into one ringtone for the best of both worlds!

Doggie Bag Anyone?

Thanks to my friends over in the recording studios at Butler’s Fairbanks Building who worked a little editing magic, you can now download a ringtone of me “directing” the “Butler War Song.” Check it out!

It’s my goal to keep giving of myself to my fans. So I have a very important question for you. What else would you like to see in my “Doggie Bag?”

Upon launch of my site, the Doggie Bag is filled with fun in the form of ringtones, wallpapers, coloring pages, iron-on transfers, stickers and more. Not a bad start, but what else?

And while we’re at it, what merchandise ideas do you have? There’s quite a few Blue II themed items at the Butler Bookstore these days, but I’m always looking for new merch. So hit me up with some thoughts and I’ll see what I can do.

Of course, there are no guarantees, but without your input and ideas, I would never know exactly what you want.

Thanks again for all of the cyber love; the follows, the likes, the visits and more! Now do me another favor and tell me what you want!

There is 1 comment .

Dodie Sheffield

As for merchandise – would love to see a nice polo with your likeness embroidered or as a patch on the upper corner! My husband and I would both need one of those!

Share Your Thoughts!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Good Boy, Blue!

After much anticipation, the Butler Blue children's book, "Good Boy, Blue!" is finally off to print. Butler fans and kids of all ages are sure to love this heartwarming story and iconic illustrations.

Pre-order your copy today!

Get Your Pup a Blue III PetBox

Treat your best friend with a Blue III PetBox! After all, doesn't your dog deserve the very best? Blue III has teamed with PetBox to load up a box each month with the latest and greatest in treats, toys, and pet products. Proceeds benefit Butler's live mascot program too!

Order a Blue III PetBox today!

The Big Dawgs Tour

The Butler University Big Dawgs Tour rides again! From January through March, our beloved Bulldog, Butler Blue III will be venturing away from campus to spread some Butler cheer and follow the men's basketball team as they take on new BIG EAST opponents.

Be sure to follow along and enter yourself into the Big Dawgs Tour Contest!

Copyright ©2012. All Rights Reserved.