24 Hours of Booty Coming to Butler
The 24 Hours of Booty is coming to Butler University – June 29-30, 2012; 7 p.m. – 7 p.m.!
Yes, I just used the word, “booty.” No, this is not a round-the-clock, pirate-themed party that I’m hosting. And no, this is most certainly not risqué, although it could be depending on how you present yourself in Lycra.
Actuallly, 24 Hours of Booty is a 24-hour road cycling charity event designed to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars each year for the LIVESTRONG Foundation as well as a local charity, which for Indianapolis will be the Indiana University Cancer Center.
In other words, this is an opportunity to ride your bike, with friends, on a closed circuit, close to home, over the course of 24 hours, and all while raising money to defeat cancer. Need I say more?
Butler University is the host and site of “Bootyville” and Indianapolis’ Booty Loop will be a 3.5-mile route that runs through Butler’s campus and the Butler-Tarkington neighborhood.
So you know that Blue III (Trip) and I will be in attendance to welcome the riders and support the cause. Sure, I’m going as a Butler ambassador, but also to represent my friends and counterparts with cancer, including @FalcoTheBullie and the late, Uga VIII.
Speaking of supporting the cause, there are some things I want you to consider.
- Sign up and ride your bike!
- Tell your bike-riding friends
- Start a team
- Volunteer, whether you plan to ride or not
- Get your employer or corporate connections involved
- Attend the 24 Hours of Booty social and info session on Tues., April 24, from 6-8 pm at Creation Café/Euphoria (upstairs). Beer and wine is complimentary and signing up for 24 Hours of Booty while at this event includes a discount!
And here’s what you need to know:
- Individual rider registration is $65, but remember, attend the social on Tues., April 24 and that rate will be discounted. There is also a $200 minimum fundraising goal for each rider.
- You don’t ride your bike for 24 hours straight. That’s why Bootyville exists and where I’ll be hanging out. Warm food will be served, and there will be energy bars, snacks and drinks galore. Oh, and if you ever wanted to camp on Butler’s campus, now is your chance.
- This isn’t a race. Riders of all levels are welcome and 24 Hours of Booty folks offer some safety, training and technical information.
This is sure to be a fun event so I think you should mark your calendars and make plans to attend and participate. You can get the process started by attending the social/info session on April 24th at Creation Café/Euphoria.