‘Good Feeling’ – Flo Rida (Super Bowl XLVI Recap)
I’m overdue on two things: 1.) a recap of my Super Bowl XLVI escapades, and 2.) another installment of “Blue 2unes.” Well, two birds, one stone, let’s go!
So why Flo Rida’s “Good Feeling?” Wait, you weren’t hoping for Madonna were you? Not happening. I went with “Good Feeling” for starters, because it hit No. 1 on the Billboard Top 40 this past week, not to mention, Flo performed the song live with the The Roots on the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Super Bowl Special.
It was the perfect ending to not only Jimmy’s show (which I appeared on, by the way), but it was the icing on the cake to a phenomenal week for the City of Indianapolis.
As Super Bowl week approached the Circle City, you just couldn’t help but get a “good feeling” about it. Add in the beautiful weather, big crowds, great set-up, exciting game and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on location, and those good feelings were reaffirmed.
Dog’s eye view or not, this was Indianapolis at its finest!
I sure kept busy during the week! Below is a list of my Super Bowl fun…
- Named to the “Social 46” by the Super Bowl XLVI Host Committee which is a group of Indiana’s 46 most savvy bloggers and social media users
- Made cameo on CBS’ “Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials” sandwiched between celebrity trainer and fitness guru Jillian Michaels and Victoria’s Secret Super Model, Adriana Lima. Filmed at St. Elmo’s Steakhouse, that broadcast had an estimated 10-11 million viewers!
- Paid a visit to the Super Bowl Media Center at the JW Marriott Hotel, complete with tour of Radio Row where I was very well received…garnering the attention of NFL.com and the Associated Press, among others.
- Participated on a panel of celebrity judges to taste test the final two sandwiches in the Super 46 Sandwhich Contest, held in the heart of the Super Bowl Village.
- Featured on Super Bowl week airings of the Dan Patrick Show and participated in a shoot with Dan and the Danettes when they visited Hinkle Fieldhouse.
- Appeared in the opening of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon’s live Super Bowl Special which was also his most watched show to date, with 6.166 million viewers. Whether you’ve yet to see it, or you’ve watched it every day since, that opening is still worth a watch.
- And let’s not forget about all of the celebrities that I met, including…
- Adriana Lima
- Jillian Michaels
- Jimmy Fallon
- The Roots Band
- Carlos Diaz
- Dan Patrick
- Scott Van Pelt
- Windell Middlebrooks
- Jeff Saturday
- Dick Ebersol
Was it the best week ever? For me it was no Final Four, but it was pretty close. Regardless, it makes me wish Indianapolis hosted the Super Bowl every year. It may have been our first Super Bowl, but I get a “good feeling” that it won’t be our last!