About Program Board
The SGA Program Board creates programs that are fun, exciting, and engaging for the Butler student body. These events are planned throughout the year, and some of their largest traditions include: ButlerPalooza, Homecoming, Spring Sports, and many others. In the 2013-2014 year, events sponsored by Program Board hosted over 8,000 students throughout the year! Have a suggestion for a student program? Submit your requests here.
The ten boards that help to coordinate student programs include:
- Special Events: Homecoming student programming and Exam Jam
- Concerts: ButlerPalooza – the free outdoor concert hosted for students featuring a nationally-recognized act
- Coffeehouse – features local artists performing in the campus Starbucks
- Out’n About – brings students to local attractions and restaurants throughout the Indianapolis area
- Recreation – focuses on physically-engaging programming like paintball, rock climbing, SkyZone, etc.
- Films – hosts on-campus showings of recently released films on the weekends free for student attendance
- Late Night – specializes in primarily on-campus programming during the weekends as an option for students
- Dance Marathon (BUDM) – The first one of SGA’s annual, all-campus fundraisers supporting Riley Children’s Hospital. In 2014, this event fundraised on $174,000 with contributions from local high schools
- Spring Sports Spectacular (SSS) – The second one of SGA’s annual, all-campus fundraisers supporting Indiana Special Olympics. This event incorporates all campus residence halls and Greek organizations
- Podium Expressions – Sponsors large-scale speakers for students to attend on-campus. Recent celebrity speakers have included Ted Mosby (How I Met Your Mother) and Laverne Cox (Orange is the New Black)