The what-if scenario allows you to see the effect that changing your major would make in your progress towards satisfying your degree requirements. It allows you to specify a major and then generate an advisement audit based on that choice. To use the what-if scenario, follow these steps.
- Login and click Self Service > Student Center.
- In the Academics section, click on the My Academics link.
- Click on the Create a what-if scenario link.
- On the What-if Report page, click the button.
- On the Create What-if Scenario page, complete the options boxes under the Program Scenario section by making different selections from the dropdown lists from left to right. If desired, select a different Academic Program first, the the Area of Study, and finally the Concentration if appropriate.
Note: Each of these selections describes a different part of your academic profile, as follows:
- Career = Undergraduate or Graduate degree studies
- Academic Program = College
- Areay of Study = Majors/Minors
- Concentration = Area of specialization, concentration or track
Note: Concentration is an optional text box.
- Under Course Scenario section, you may also select additional courses to be included in your report, but this is optional. To add a course, click the button . Then select the desired alphabetical subject code and expand that subject by clicking on the green arrow to the left of the subject to see the list of classes. To select a class, click on the button to the right of the desired class. Once the class has been selected, you can use the dropdown term box to indicate what term you intend the class to be taken in.
- Click on the button. Your What-If Report appears.