What gets you pumped…

The 2012 Olympics are upon us!  We think of athletes competing as gods, envying their will-power, adherence, and motivation.  Their training schedules and eating habits seem absolutely insane, but we remain in awe as we watch such crisp clean execution.  It’s their job, their life.  I love the opening ceremonies, watching literally the whole world come together to show off its fittest and finest.  However, what I most enjoy (regardless of the event or athlete) is the pre-competition coverage.  At this time, you most likely see toe tapping, jumping, headphones or pre-fueling — some sort of routine to get absolutely stoked and show off every hour of training.  This moment to yourself can make or break your performance.  I want you to think about how you get fired up before breaking a sweat.  You might not be representing your country on that 30-minute run, but (most importantly) you will always represent yourself.  Whether it be a song, or a person who comforts you, it is apart of YOUR moment and no one else’s.  I’m curious to see what gets you psyched!

Take a look at this promo for the 2012 Olympics

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2012/08/14/pumped/