Pumping Iron with Some Holiday Cheer!

Even Santa knows fitness is important!

As I sit here, trying to push through these next few weeks before the semester ends, I flip through Pandora Radio in search of a Christmas playlist that will add a little “Holiday Cheer” to my studies; as I was filtering through Mariah Carey’s “Christmas” and The Beach Boys’ “Little Saint Nick,” the GREATEST idea came to me – why not have the same cheer during a run or a lift session?  Yes, it might seem silly, but honestly this music is so… happy!  These are the types of tunes we need on the most grueling parts of our workouts, reminding us that we are that much closer to experiencing those post-workout endorphins (and no Holiday weight gain)!  Therefore, I am posting some up-to-beat/happy songs for you to shuffle through on that next “dreaded” workout – or at least for “Walking in a Winter Wonderland.”

Jingle-Bell Jog PLAYLIST

1. Jingle Bells – Michael Buble feat. The Puppini Sisters
  2. Little Saint Nick – The Beach Boys
  3. White Christmas – the Drifters
  4. A Holly Jolly Christmas – Burl Ives and Owen Bradley
  5. Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town – Jackson 5
  6. What Christmas Means to Me – Stevie Wonder
  7. Carol of the Bells – Mannheim Steamroller (great for lifting/training “Rocky” style!)
  8. Run Rudolph Run – Chuck Berry
  9. All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
  10. Jingle Bell Rock – Bobbi Helms
  11. The Chipmunk Song – Alvin and the Chipmunks (you know you would feel just AWESOME jamming to this.. no shame!)
  12. Sleigh Ride/Santa Claus’ Party – Ferrante & Teicher (actually a great song for pacing, runners!)
  13. It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas – Bing Crosby
  14. Christmas of Love – Little Isidor and the Inquisitors

Whether you prefer a little yuletide jogging or pumping some iron, these tunes are sure to keep you cheerful throughout your workout sessions.  Happy Holidays everyone!

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2012/11/26/pumping-iron-holiday-cheer/