January Jogger? Try this NO-Fear Gear!

Me right before trying my new toy out!  :)

Me right before trying my new toy out! 🙂

I have posted about watches in the past, but this time around I would really like to point out one in particular.  Thanks to Santa Claus, this Christmas I received a Polar RCX3 watch.  First thought: holla!  As a distance runner, I praise watches and anything that will help me pace, but this honestly is a godsend.  This watch also comes equipped with a heart-rate monitor that you wrap around a little below the chest area.  After entering the basic settings, you pair the heart-rate sensor with the “training sensor” (watch), or sync both devices to one another.  For more detailed information on the set-up of the Polar RCX3 watch and its set-up, click here.

I honestly recommend this watch especially for those who are currently training for a race — not just for pacing, but to analyze the effort of your runs.  This is also a great tool to see calorie burn.  And of course, you can use the watch for other activities besides running — I used it for some HIIT cardio last week when we got all of that snow.

Interested in another device by Polar?  Click here.

On the Polar website, these babies run at about $180.00.  It is a bit of a pricey purchase but extremely worth it in my opinion, especially if you are in the midst of training for an event or if you are extremely active and have specific fitness goals (i.e. reaching 65% of max. heart rate on a long run or wanting a more accurate calorie burning tool.. just examples!)

Happy tracking!

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2014/01/16/january-jogger-nofear-gear/

1 comments

• Kyle on January 17, 2014 at 6:54 pm
    • Reply

Great article!!