November No-Fear Gear: Magnetic Belt

roosport

I always enjoy going to expos before a race, but sometimes they can be a little overwhelming.  There are so many different kinds of gels, socks, headbands, belts etc.  Usually when I leave I find that I spend twice as much as I wanted to!  However, this year I was smart.  I went in the expo knowing I needed a new belt, (but I always find myself annoyed when trying to re-adjust them).  I stayed away from the center (with all the overpriced running tights and hats) and was circling around the outside, when I saw this.

The Roo Sport(c)  is a Magnetic pocket that you clip to yourself while you are running or doing any other kind of workout.  The material is similar to the inside of a pants pocket of your tights, which means no chafing!  At first, I was worried that it might slide or fall off — but it didn’t go anywhere for a full 26.2 miles.  The magnet is so strong that you manually have to pull the flap open.  It’s small enough to easily attach and remove, yet large enough to store IDs, gels, snacks or headphones.  What I like most about it is that you can’t even tell you’re wearing it!

I got this at the expo for $20, which is actually cheaper than most belts you will find at expos, running or sport stores.  This pocket has been featured in several sources such as Runner’s World and The Washington Post.  Check it out here!

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2014/11/02/november-nofear-gear-magnetic-belt/