Wrapping up Some Thankfulness

puppy

1. My walking partner.  When my grandparents lived in their condo this summer, I would always help my grandpa walk the dogs — we would take them to a local nature park in my hometown or just down the street.  Nevertheless, Chewy (a.k.a. dog that chews on everything) always got so excited, making it hard to skip a day of activity.

first semester 152

2. Family.  Obviously, this is just a small portion (nephew Brandon and Dad), but they are all different yet unconditionally loving.  They might be spread all over the place, but I am glad it is finally the Holiday season because I get to see almost all of them!

gelato

3. Friends.  I have so many different “groups” and I love them all equally.  Pictured above is the group I met while studying abroad at the University of Leeds; here we are on the steps outside of a gelato place in Rome.  These girls gave me the greatest times, and I am happy to report, even thousands of miles away, we still talk about every other day. 🙂

first semester 079

4. I am thankful for the Fall leaves (they are gone now), but they make the campus soo pretty during a calm October/Early November Run.

hellowinter 070

5. The winter snow (FYI, have you looked OUTSIDE tonight?!)  I love going out to play for hours with my little brother and then coming back inside to thaw out.  This picture is a Christmas tree farm my family and I visit to chop down our tree every year.  It’s my favorite tradition and I can’t wait to go back!

417100_514753688549386_1465018866_n5. My HRC co-workers.  Although some of them pictured here have graduated, I still consider many of them to be my closest friends and my “go-to’s” if I need any advice for work (or whatever!).

adventure weekend 019

6. My study abroad experience!  I met some of my best friends at the University of Leeds, and it was so nice to be able to travel the world and see places like Rome, Paris, London, Wales, Spain and Ireland..

6tag_191013-072305

7. My brother (yes he deserves his own spot!); he may only be 10, but he is my hero.  He has taught me how to laugh off the little things, to pursue what I most enjoy (he’s my #1 client for personal training) and, when all is lost, “dance off” any situation.

BU 039

8. Most of all, I consider it an honor to be a student of Butler University — everyone I have met here is amazing, it’s the perfect campus size and there is not one person I have ran into who isn’t just as thankful to be here as I am!  It makes me never wanna grow up — ever.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving and feels refreshed and energized — just two more weeks people and then the Holidays truly begin! 🙂

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2013/12/05/wrapping-thankfulness/