December No Fear Gear: Hit the Books!

deadlift

Usually every month I try to put a piece of fitness equipment I find useful during my workouts, but this month I decided to go straight to the source.  The Women’s/Men’s Health Big Book of Exercises is really a fitness bible.  It is my go-to not only for my own workouts but also for my client’s workouts!  This book is to-the-point yet informative.  I use it several times a week, if not daily.  In fact, I use it so much some of the pages are crinkled, stained or completely removed.  Here’s a little peak of the breakdown.

1. The chapters are divided in different muscle groups (i.e. glutes, biceps), providing variations and modifications for almost every exercise.

2. At the end of all of the chapters of the individual muscle groups, the book provides total body moves as well as total body workouts (and also list the page number of where each exercise can be found).

3. The book also has workouts catering to specific goals (whether it be to become a better athlete or to fit better into a pair skinny jeans).

4. Tips to help you on your journey to tone up, bulk up, lighten up or just feel better.

5. Nutrition recommendations for building a better body.

*The book also provides very useful images/demonstrations for every exercise; which is very nice if you are at home doing your own thing!

womenshealth

menshealth

So, ask Santa Claus for this book this year.  You can find it at almost any book seller such as Barnes and Noble or Amazon.  Click here to order your copy today!  Women’s/Men’s Health also has other “Big Books” on other topics such as yoga, Pilates, 15-minute workouts, but I really think The Big Book of Exercises is More Flexible — it can cater to almost any workout routine.

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2013/12/06/december-fear-gear-hit-books/