NO FEAR GEAR: September 2012

This piece of gear is not necessarily “scary,” “mysterious,” or “uncommon,”  but definitely overlooked.  Drumroll, please…  A STOPWATCH!!!  And I’m not talkiing about the type that your third-grade gym teacher used to use when you did the one-mile run test.  I am talking about a really cool, “techie”, colorful piece of equipment you can wear on your wrist to log seconds and minutes for several types of workouts; Runs, circuit training, and streches are just to name a few.  I am not asking you to go out and by a Rolex — in fact, several places sell them for really great prices.  For example, I got mine at JC Penny in the jewelry section for five dollars.

digitek watch

Similar to my watch

I honestly use my stopwatch for just about everything.. including pacing myself for homework.  Over the summer, it became a habit to start keeping track of the time with my watch, to the point where I managed my time better and found myself a little more freetime.  When purchasing one of these watches, I would never go over $20… it’s college, it’s OKAY to be a little cheap!  If you really are looking for quality and a great price, I would recommend amazon.com.  When looking at their site, here are a couple of examples I found for both men and women — nothing fancy, but they will definitely do the job.  Browse beyond these links to see what you like!

Stopwatch for women

Stopwatch for men

One of the most valuable elements to a student is TIME, and it always seems to escape from us.  So, get techy and help save a little!

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2012/09/11/fear-gear-september-2012/