Fast Forward to February!!! UK Edition

uk flag

Back in December, we made time to set our New Year’s Resolutions and as January approached, we threw ourselves into new destinations; new eating habits, new gym hours, new hobbies — something different that would make 2013 a year to remember.  I am purposefully combining January and February because I think it is only appropriate we dedicate enough time to these New Year (Resolutions?  Habits, Beginnings? Goals?).  The term “Resolution” can seem intimidating sometimes, almost like it is an “end-all” that you either can make or break.  However, what I have found is that these goals can be made whenever — there is no difference of making a goal in January or the Middle of November, as long as it is met, and as long as you are happy.  Besides, “Resolution” seems so final; rather, it is a goal that has an ending.  In the world of fitness and nutrition, we should strive to make it a lifestyle choice, as opposed to a temporary habit.  So, whether you made a Resolution at 10:17 p.m. on December 31rst or if you are just now contemplating trying something new, give it a go and don’t fret.  There is no deadline, and measuring your progress is the most amazing part!

Personally, the month of January was nothing but a blur.  It seems like I spent a majority of Holiday Break planning, packing and preparing to Study Abroad at the University of Leeds in England.  At first, I was worried… I asked myself how I would keep up with the blog, how I would find time to workout and stick to the most health-conscious (and familiar!) diet.  But on January 13th, my time ran out; it was time to leave and explore a new country, ready or not.  So far, this experience has been the scariest, most different, most unique, yet most rewarding.  I am forming new friendships, trying new foods, and partaking in new experiences (i.e. celebrating Australian Day where KANGAROO meat is served!).  Therefore, I am proposing we jumpstart the threads to this blog, UK edition.  I invite you to accompany me on this journey, scouting for new ways to celebrate living a healthy lifestyle from a different perspective (and that is a challenge itself).

Therefore, I say “The Best of British” to you (meaning good luck when visiting the UK.. I am still working out the kinks to the slang used here.. another challenge I have to face)!

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2013/01/29/fast-february/