February’s No Fear Gear… Write it Down

planning

I must admit, I am a “lists” person.  I make lists for everything.  Whether it’s groceries or working out, you can bet that I will write it down.  I sometimes put the events on my phone, but I will ALWAYS write things down in my planner.  This month, I am suggesting a planner — whether it’s on the computer or writing it down the old-fashioned way.  This might seem a little bit tedious, but honestly, it makes your goals seem that much more real and, chances are, if you write it down you are more likely to do it.

Planners are great for your fitness goals.  In mine, I always have my homework and events on the left side with my workouts on the right side.  It is also a great way to measure progress.  In a week or month’s time, you can look back on your results and see what might or might not be working for you.  Planners can also be found ANYWHERE — almost any drug store or convenience store — and for a decent price.  Feel lame writing stuff down?  Try going digital.  Online, there are so many free templates designed for health and fitness goals.  Microsoft word also has some great stuff too.

Just try it for a week.  It quickly becomes a habit and it feels good to be able to check some of those things off!  Happy planning!

B

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2014/02/05/februarys-fear-gear-write/